You can register many domain names, and you don’t have to assign them to a website. This is called domain squatting, which can be used to protect your brand or business identity.
- Open a browser to https://namecheap.com
- In the search field on the site’s home page, type in the domain name you’d like to register and click the red magnifying glass “Search” icon.
- Select the blue “Add to Cart” button.
- Select “View Cart”.
- Leave the WhoisGuard enabled, then select “Confirm Order”.
- Log in to an existing account, or create a new account.
- Select your Payment Method and receipt details, then scroll down and check the “Automatically renew all of my eligible new services before expiration”, then select “Continue”.
- Select the Check Out button to complete the order.